[Inpycon] 70th Independence Day of India : Dev Sprint

shashankkumarkushwaha at gmail.com shashankkumarkushwaha at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 05:23:59 EDT 2016

Howdy Folks,

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

We at PyDelhi User group came up with a idea of a dev sprint, Subject: "70th Independence Day of India".

The idea is to make something usefull for the masses in India something that can be used to hel the society.

We got 2 amazong ideas on the subject::

    1. Making a centralized platform for the NGOs in our country. Where people can donate any goods they want. The goods they will donate will be mapped to a location where it was submitted for donation. Now the NGOs which are located near that location will collect these donated goods from the location mentioned. This will bridge the NGOs and Kind People together.

2. Creating a specific donation platform for donating and supporting to martyr army families regarding the financial problem and any other issues related to them.

3. App to highlight public inconveniences (potholes, unmanaged garbage dumps, open manholes) and plot them on a map. Idea would be to then get the municipal bodies to put an ETA on it and let the locals put pressure on it.
     Something on the lines of https://github.com/codeforamerica/adopt-a-hydrant/raw/master/screenshot.png

  Please feel free to add your ideas in the response to this mail. https://github.com/BetterIndia is github org. specially made for this purpose.

    We prapose that all the Local User groups come together and have a dev Sprint this Saturday 20th with the said topic.
    If you folks are interested please respond to this mail to make this dev sprint a success.