[Inpycon] A thought on workshops

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Tue May 5 18:56:59 CEST 2015

On Tue, May 05 2015, Anand Chitipothu wrote:

[...]

> I liked the idea in general.
>
> I think this approach will work only if we conduct workshops in
> multiple cities.

Which might be okay. We'll have to rethink how to call for workshops. It
might have to have location along with the topic etc. Dates can be
staggered. The workshops might serve as a "run up" to PyCon.

> If we host all the workshops in Bangalore, it'll be a lot easier for
> people coming from other cities if all the workshops are at the same
> venue as the conference. Otherwise they'll have lot of difficulty in
> finding venue for each workshop.

That's true. There will be some drawbacks but I think it's atleast worth
trying out.

> Also, we are planning to conduct the workshops on Friday, so it'll be
> a working day for all these companies and they may not be willing to
> give out their space. It might work if we do these workshops on the
> weekend before the conference days.

My thought exactly. Maybe even two weekends. That way, we might be able
to have more workshops and the logistics won't be as hard as holding the
large workshops which we currently do.

> May be it is too late to try this now.

I think so. But we should consider it for next year.
[...]

--
Cordially,
Noufal