[Inpycon] Python Express - Moving Forward

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Fri Jul 24 08:49:22 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jul 24 2015, Sreekanth S Rameshaiah wrote:

[...]

> The event ran under PSSI/ IPSS banner before. It should continue to do
> so unless there is a justification to move it away from it.  As
> someone who lead the pre-conference python promotional efforts( it was
> yet to be called python-month/ python-express then) in 2010 in around
> 20+ colleges in Karnataka I feel its sad that the program is forcibly
> being taken away from the community just because someone wants to run
> it on his own.

[...]

As far as I'm concerned, this is red tape.

The only way to take this "away from the community" is to dampen the
effort with discussions like this and make sure that it doesn't happen
at all. If there are no instructors or students who want to collaborate
with the project, it will die. It is not and cannot be a one man show
anyway.

Apart from that, if the project moves forward, the community (or a
section of it mostly of newcomers) will benefit. And they won't really
care whether PSSI is there on the banner or not.

I'm tired of this thread which I see as mostly pointless. As a final
point, if, because of all this bickering, Python express goes back to
cold storage where it is now, I'd point my finger at the PSSI that
actively prevented or atleast dampened the enthusiasm of someone who
wanted to conduct something which would, without doubt, benefit the
python community here.

--
Cordially,
Noufal