[Inpycon] PyCon India 2015 Logo work

Anand B Pillai anandpillai at letterboxes.org
Thu Jan 8 07:42:49 CET 2015

On Thursday 08 January 2015 10:32 AM, Kracekumar Ramaraju wrote:
> Hi All
>
> We  started working on PyCon India 2015 theme. Here is the early
> work of logo http://goo.gl/EfHuPh.
>
> Please feel free to give your thoughts.

Very artistic. Will look better on a Tee than
as a logo right now.

Specific feedback below.

Fonting

2. I think the "I" of INDIA is better done at same proportion of
rest of the letters of "INDIA".
3. Is it just me or does the "C" of PyCon look a bit odd ?

Motif

1. Parachutes - Pls remove the floating parachutes of Python taking off.
They make the logo ugly.
2. Clouds - Double clouds floating a level above others. Make them all
at same level possibly ?
3. Color gradient - I think this will look better if the gradient
is steeper i.e the bottom blue is more brighter than now. Remove
the whiteness a bit. Now the White fonts look a bit dull against
the background.
4. Flowers - I think these don't fit the theme. Possibly replace with
fireworks in the sky ?
5. Bottom - The pattern is too flowery. Also think of putting a small
gap between the Earth and the bottom pattern.

Otherwise looks good.