[Inpycon] Video Management in PyCon India 2015

Shrayas rajagopal shrayasr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 07:22:42 CET 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 2:12 AM, Kiran Jonnalagadda <jace at pobox.com> wrote:
> As I mentioned earlier, Rahul and I were a two person team that did this at
> JSFoo. I managed the video console and Rahul edited the previous session's
> videos. Two persons per track is all it takes. (Plus more for standby in
> case the crew want a break.)
>
> Audio-Video sync is a problem only if you don't measure the lag in advance.
> Add one hour to setup time to get this right (in reality, just 5-10 minutes
> for properly trained crew.)

Sounds good to me.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 9:46 AM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yes we have time to look for options now. Later we don't find any vendor
>>> who can support us . If available they charges very very high.
>     We need to decide on all vendor 6 months before so we can concentrate on
> other activities.

Fair enough. Its a good thing definitely to start early. But we need
to also give enough time for volunteers to gather up and show interest
in the activity.

Vijay, When would you say is a  _hard_ deadline for this activity?

>    This is exact problem we are having . Last year we didn't find volunteer
> to do post processing of video and even upload the video on youtube from one
> person home is not realistic.

How about we give ourselves some leeway of about 1 week for videos to
be post processed. We ideally want them to be done on that day itself,
but let us just set aside some time to be sure of this.

> In short Video volunteering need to be atleast 15 members team(Ideally)
> In worst case we need minimum 6 volunteer for video capturing and mixing
> and 3 expert volunteer in post processing and all.

Has a call for volunteers been sent out?

>   Can you give your 7 days for PyCon India as volunteer and lead this task
> from front and implement ideas.
>   Can you help create team?

As I already said, I would like to take the charge on Open Spaces. I
don't want to take up too many tasks and not be able to deliver on
them.

[...]

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Arvi Krishnaswamy
<arvi at alumni.iastate.edu> wrote:

[...]

> Would be good as others have indicated
> to ensure there's sufficient time though before which decisions are made so
> that there's a call for volunteers, etc as well in parallel while looking at
> outside vendors.

+1