[Inpycon] Video Management in PyCon India 2015

Shrayas rajagopal shrayasr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 20:35:40 CET 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 8:40 PM, Kiran Jonnalagadda <jace at pobox.com> wrote:
> FWIW, the event is in October and we're in February.

Precisely my point.

Is there some kind of deadline we are looking at to finalize this?

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 12:31 AM, Kracekumar Ramaraju <me at kracekumar.com> wrote:

> There are few technical issues we face
>
>  - Most of the time captured video requires snip at the start/end. Say the
> recording started as soon as speaker is on stage,
> then there is some technical issue in setting up laptop. As a result first 1
> - 2 minutes may show speaker setup, these minutes needs a cut.
>
> - Syncing audio and video. Normally there will be audio and video lag. One
> needs to listen to few minutes of the video and find the lag(+/- few
> seconds), then use appropriate
> tool to adjust the audio sync multiple times to get it correct. Doing this
> for almost 20 talks is tiresome at the end of the day.
>
> If above aren't done during the conference, it becomes hard to get it done
> after conference, as every volunteer is tired and back to work.

Definitely understandable. In this case wouldn't it make sense to
create 2 subteams? 1 for only recording and 1 for only editing? Having
one do the other will bring in tiredness but separating them out might
help?