[Inpycon] Keynote speaker for PyCon India 2015

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Sat Apr 18 19:08:26 CEST 2015

On Sat, Apr 18 2015, vijay kumar wrote:

[...]

 Suggestion please ?

[...]

One person who's done quite a bit of work with Python is Pramode
CE[1]. His main piece of work with Python, as far as I know, was making
the EXPEYEs device scriptable with Python. He mentors a lot of students
in the area and since our audience has been mostly students, first
timers, a talk by him will appeal to them. I don't know if he'll be
willing to come but this is a suggestion I have.

The other thing that comes to mind is whether we *should* have a Python
person speaking at all. e.g. Europython 2009 had Sir Tony Hoare as an
invited speaker and he's not a Pythonista at all but the talk was quite
well received. One of the Pycons in Santa Clara had Paul Graham as a
keynote speaker.

It might be worthwhile to consider whether we can have someone like that
to speak at PyCon India. An educator perhaps? I can't think of any names
but I like the idea.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://pramode.net/

--