[Inpycon] KG memorial award

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Thu Apr 2 08:35:17 CEST 2015

On Thu, Apr 02 2015, sankarshan wrote:

[...]

> I do apologize if my question came across as anything other than
> seeking clarification.

You don't have to. I think the question makes perfect sense. My own
reply was meant to be an off colour joke.

> Your response does indicate that the brevity might be
> misinterpreted. It was my understanding that "listed references" are
> usually asked about the veracity of body of work for the
> nominee. Anand's email (as I read it) seems to propose an additional
> check using a very particular phrase. My question is limited to the
> scope/parameters of that phrase. If this is something that doesn't
> need to be discussed, it would be fine as well.

I interpreted Anand's suggestion as something on the lines of two extra
people actively supporting the proposal that the nominee should receive
the award rather than just being people who we can contact to find out
whether the claims made about the nominee by the nominator were genuine
or not.

Based on that, I don't think we need to amend any of the guidelines but
Anand took care of this last year so he has more insight into the
details than me.

--
Cordially,
Noufal