[Inpycon] Minutes & Action items of the Volunteer meetup.

Kartik Singhal kartiksinghal at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 18:03:14 CEST 2014

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Haris Ibrahim K. V.
<blucalvin at gmail.com> wrote:
> - Is there anyway to get the participants to give feedback for each
> session? Is there a way that we can reduce the post-processing time? A
> few suggestions were put forward.
>
>  a) Using funnel: Clear up the current votes & comments in funnel. Let
> participants vote and comment there for the talks.
>    - The problem is that participants cannot leave anonymous comments.
> No one wants their name to be seen on screen why they say a talk
> sucks.
>
>  b) Google doc: Use funnel for votes and a google doc for comments if
> the participants want to leave any.

Suggestions a) and b) imply we are okay with receiving feedback after
a day or two from the time the session actually happened. In that
case, we can just send out an email to each participant after the
conference with a link to a Google form (along with a deadline of a
couple of days). Will save a lot of post processing time.

>  c) Or do we just have to accept that more people tend to be
> comfortable filling offline feedback forms than going online to do it?

It's probably not about the comfort level but that participants are
forced to provide feedback when a paper is put in their hands. ;)

>  d) Can we build an app which is on a tablet outside the audi having a
> +1 -1 button as well as a space for comments for each session?

Not too sure if people find it very comfortable typing on a tablet, I
feel this method might discourage participants from giving text-based
feedback.

>  e) Does the Lanyard schedule thing have an option of collecting feedback?

No clue.

--
Kartik
http://k4rtik.wordpress.com/