[Inpycon] Proposal - Panel discussion for the Web Track of Pycon

Kracekumar Ramaraju me at kracekumar.com
Tue Sep 16 20:56:04 CEST 2014

Hi Arvi

I am eagerly waiting for the discussion, seems questions will be private
:-) It is nice to have high level overview on topics, so we can tune in our
expectation ?

Also it would be great if we can have blog post of the entire panel
discussion. Any volunteers up for taking notes and sharing with us ?
Probably @haris can pen it beautifully after the conference :-) ?

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 10:41 PM, Arvi Krishnaswamy <arvi at alumni.iastate.edu>
wrote:

> Any inputs on this before we roll forward?
>
> - Arvi
>
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Arvi Krishnaswamy <
> arvi at alumni.iastate.edu> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Here's the draft outline for the panel discussion:
>>
>> http://www.slideshare.net/aravindkrishnaswamy/draft-pycon-2014
>>
>> All three of them are outstanding, and I expect this to be an engaging
>> session. I've chosen to keep it to 3 frameworks in the interest of time, so
>> that everyone has time to speak. However, if there's a strong speaker with
>> familiarity with another popular framework whom you'd like to nominate, we
>> can consider weaving him or her in.  The specific topics that will be
>> discussed in each round of the debate will be discussed privately with the
>> panelists.
>>
>> How does this lineup look?
>>
>> Arvi
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Arvi Krishnaswamy <
>> arvi at alumni.iastate.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I'd like to propose a panel discussion topic for the web track of this
>>> year's Pycon. I'm volunteering myself to help run the panel if this is a
>>> topic we think is worthy.
>>>
>>> I think it's good to have a topic that has a heathy debate. Such topics
>>> are engaging for the audience, and also bring forth a number of useful
>>> takeaways.
>>>
>>> Topic: Flask vs Django vs Bottle vs Pyramid vs YAPWF
>>>
>>> The specific frameworks we choose will depend a bit on the panelists,
>>> their expertise and how relevant the comparisons may be.  I will likely
>>> have each panelist choose a framework that they will be a bit vocal about,
>>> in order to keep the discussion engaging.
>>>
>>> How does this sound? Should we do it? Are there panelists you'd like to
>>> recommend?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Arvi <http://arg0s.in/about>

Regards