[Inpycon] Development Sprints

Bibhas me at bibhas.in
Wed Oct 15 09:15:05 CEST 2014

Hi,

As someone pointed out earlier and I also think that we don't have
enough activities at PyCon to engage newer developer. It's kind of just
people coming to venue, sitting at the audis all day long and going home
with some points that they might even forget in couple of days.

I think a development sprint is a great way to get people started
programming and contributing and networking. Like it's done in most
PyCons, after the conf is over, they take 2-5 days and organize dev
sprints that's open for everybody. I know we might not have budget for
that many extra days, but we have a whole floor(if we go for NIMHANS
again) lying unused for 3 whole days. We can throw in some tables,
chairs, mattresses and it could make a great dev sprint spot. This will
make the conference more engaging for the participants. It'd have been
perfect if we could get an extra day and experiment for a year. But _if_
that's not possible, can we do it within the conf days?

Thanks,
Bibhas