[Inpycon] Inpycon Digest, Vol 64, Issue 7

Abhaya Agarwal abhaya.agarwal at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 15:49:23 CEST 2014

Hi,

+1 to Noufal.

I wanted to make 2 additional points.

>      I personally think PyCon India should continue with all three level
> beginners, intermediate and Advance.
>      This  is how PyCon India has grown and would like to continue to see
> same.

We are conflating good with advanced and bad with beginners. My question
is: was there a beginners talk that was highly appreciated and was very
useful? A bad talk at whatever level is bad for its audience.

A conference can have two aims: 1) A meeting place for practitioners. 2)
Evangelism . Pycon has a big component of Python evangelism but I think it
might be time to spin that off to initiatives like Python Express and make
the core event more focused. This provides depth to the ecosystem.

>      Just Fyi: This year we had more 60 % first timer.

What is the growth rate? If the growth rate of Pycon is below 50%, this
means that significant number of people are not coming back. A high churn
rate indicates a problem. Perhaps people are not getting enough value out
of it.

Regards,
Abhaya