[Inpycon] Venue suggestion for PyCon India 2015

Gaurav Dadhania gaurav.dadhania at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:14:33 CEST 2014

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 5:35 PM, SUMIT KUMAR RAJ <sumit786raj at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am relating votes with popularity and quality to be checked by you
> people before the voting is made.

IMHO, that's exactly why votes are detrimental to the talk selection
process. Even if we limit the voting the attendees, recognizable
individuals within the community and individuals from large corporate
cohorts will receive higher votes than a newbie who is trying to submit a
proposal for the first time. Why not just have the editorial panel decide
all the talks? (In a transparent way like
https://github.com/rubyaustralia/rubyconfau-2013-cfp/, where you can still
comment and see all proposals, but no voting).