[Inpycon] Venue suggestion for PyCon India 2015

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Tue Oct 7 13:01:19 CEST 2014

On Tue, Oct 07 2014, Mukesh Yadav wrote:

> If I'm not wrong the talk was chosen as per the upvotes on the funnel.
> Which clearly shows the demand and supply model.

Not completely. The upvotes were a small factor in the selection as far
as I know.

Upvotes from the general public can be gamed and are not really reliable
anyway. You'll just get the "most popular" talks rather than "the
best" and, if the conference is marketed to a newbie crowd, the popular
talks will be the simpler "intro to <topic>" kinds.

> We can try dedicated track for advance, in this way we might get
> advance topic proposal.

We do have a Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced drop down while submitting a
talk. So people do explicitly say who they think they're talk caters to.

[...]

--
Cordially,
Noufal