[Inpycon] Venue suggestion for PyCon India 2015

vijay kumar vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 12:23:17 CEST 2014

> I'm not particular about the size of the event. If I could sacrifice
> attendance for talk quality, I'd do it.
>
> The main complaint about PyCon India (since the maiden event) has been
> talk quality. We're aiming to be all things for all people and that
> doesn't work out. While I think Arvi's work with the program committee
> has been superb, the effect was limited because we *wanted* to dilute
> the quality of the talks to satisfy newbies.
>
> -1 i don't agree
I think name one person in not correct , Program committee was not lead by
Arvi for sure.
I feel bad to see individual name coming like this more often.
We can take offline if more explanation is needed.

> If we try to be everything for everyone, we'll end up being nothing. If
> we announce that PyCon India is for experienced, serious Python
> developers and live upto the announcement, intermediate and even some
> beginner people will actually learn something new and improve
> themselves. Advanced people will have a forum to discuss real problems
> rather than an audience with 60% first timers.
>
> My main concern is that there are more newbies than experienced
> folk. There are lots of outlets for newbies to learn things. Tutorials
> on the web, user group meetups, tutorials, classes, python express
> workshops etc. For advanced people though, there are almost no
> outlets. I'm in favour of making PyCon India a high quality event. Even
> by sacrificing number of talks and audience size. Quality over Quantity.
>

> Do we really have so much advance talk submissions ?
I still think we should have two track beginners and intermediate/advances
which solve the problems.
In future once our advance talk submission increase we can rethink.