[Inpycon] Initiative for mini conferences across India

konark modi modi.konark at gmail.com
Sun May 18 18:43:32 CEST 2014

Hi All,

Yes, mini-conferences are a good idea, but conference of any stature large
or small requires equal amount of efforts.

While most of have focussed our energies on how to make PYCON India 2014
the best pycon ever, the following can be done to evolve local user groups:

1. Making monthly meet-ups a religious practice. This is very very
important, most of the user groups struggle to have a regular attendance of
20+ people.

2. People from local meet-ups should be advised/mentored to submit talks
for  PYCON India.

3. An ongoing effort of python workshops: last year Python month was a big
big success, and in lot of discussions with various people leading this
effort in numerous cities we found a need of having this platform
throughout the year.

Regards
Konark modi