[Inpycon] About keynote speakers

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Sun May 18 14:41:43 CEST 2014

Hi,

We are late in finalizing the keynote speaker.

The registration is already open, CFP deadline around the corner. We have
finalized the keynote speakers by then.

Anyway, let me summarized the discussion and move forward.

* Hilary Mason - can't come
* Armin - Noufal is taking to him
* Michel Ford
* Jessica McKellar

I personally think would be nice to have Jessica McKellar.   She has been
trying to help the indian python user groups. I've received couple of
emails from her asking if we need any support from PSF for bangpypers. I
think having her here in person will be good to the community and improves
our ties with PSF. Also having a female keynote speaker will be good for
diversity.

There were suggestion to invite someone from mozilla as guest speaker.
Abdul Ralf was taking to them.
Abdul, any updates?

There was a suggestion to invote Senthil Kumaran as a guest speaker. I can
talk to him if everyone agrees to that.

Apart from these, there were discussion about having an indian keynote
speaker.  Do you any suggestion for someone who can add a lot of value to
the Python community? May be someone from government? or FOSS community?

Anand