[Inpycon] Volunteer work

Eeshan Garg jerryguitarist at gmail.com
Wed May 7 19:03:41 CEST 2014

Hi!

I attended PyCon 2014 North America in Montreal and they have something
called the Open Spaces. As I am a newbie(17 years old and a high school
student), I attended one of the Open Spaces sessions geared toward newbies.
I thing it would be totally awesome to have something like the Open Spaces
at PyCon India this year. Where anyone can sign up for an open space
session by writing the name and room no of their session on the notice
board. For example, it would be really cool to have an Open Space geared
towards newbies where gurus can talk about how they got started
contributing to open source, new contributors(who just got started) can ask
the gurus about how to move further, and newbies can freely talk about
where they are having troubles and how can they make their first
contribution to free and open source software and get started. If you think
this is something cool, I would love to talk about it with someone in
detail. I would also be willing to put in the time and effort required to
do the related volunteer work. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Eeshan Garg