[Inpycon] Free conference pass for student

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 06:06:22 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 9:48 PM, Arvi Krishnaswamy <arvi at alumni.iastate.edu>
wrote:

> Tough one. We should support students, but waiving the fee which is
> already discounted and just about covers food sounds like it may be
> impacting other things.
>
> Is there any way you can get a sponsor to cover a block of student
> tickets?  They may be interested in running a promo or contest involving
> the students during the run up to the event, and they can pick the winners
> who will get a free entry. This way, it's also rewarding students who are
> engaged in some way.

Sorry for being blunt, but making the conference free attracts lot of
people who otherwise won't be interested in the conference. I don't think
the issue here is about money. I think PyCon India can easily support, but
the point it is what kind of support will benefit the right kind of people.

My +1 for providing accommodation/travel support for outstation
participants. How about providing a travel grant up to Rs. 1500/- for
outstation students attending PyCon India?

Anand