[Inpycon] PyCon India 2014 Sponsorship Prospectus

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Sun Jan 26 16:02:05 CET 2014

On Sun, Jan 26 2014, vijay kumar wrote:

>>> "All participants get a ContactPoint NFC badge".
>>
>> I think we should remove this promise.
>>
>> It was a mess last year and I suggest not to promise that again this year.
>>
> We are not promising this . We have added other stuff instead of this.

[...]

How useful is the NFC thing? This is my understanding. We have to keep a
table of which card was issued to which participant and then, after the
event, the sponsors give us a list of cards which we have to manually
convert into a list of participant email addresses which we give to
them.

This sounds like a lot of trouble and is not worth it. Isn't it a lot
simpler to just have interested participants write their email addresses
in a register kept with the sponsor? Or drop a business card?

--
Cordially,
Noufal