[Inpycon] Please review draft mail for CFP

Sateesh Kumar sateeshpyper at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 08:14:40 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Team,
>
> I am planning to send out this mail to various Python related
> mailing lists.  Please help me to review it.
>
> I also need access to FB, Twitter & Funnel:
>
>     https://www.facebook.com/PyConIndia
>     https://twitter.com/pyconindia
>     http://in.pycon.org/funnel/2014/
>
> My username for all the above three sites are 'baijum'.
>

> ---------x<---------x<---------x<-----------x<---------x<-----------x<-------x<------
> Subject: PyCon India 2014 Call for Proposals
>
> Hi {List}!
>
> It's that time of year again! The PyCon India website received a
> beautiful refresh and we're ready to accept proposals for the 2014
> conference taking place September 26-28 in Bangalore. Check out the
> new site at http://in.pycon.org/2014 Registration will open soon, so
> mark your calendars and get ready to head into Bangalore for another
> great PyCon India.

Sorry if this looks like a nit pick. I think the second sentence
of the first paragraph should straightaway mention the dates of PyCon India
2014,
instead of starting with message about website refresh.

Say something like:

It's that time of year again! PyCon India 2014 will be taking
place from September 26-28 in Bangalore and we're ready
to accept proposals. Registration will open soon,
so mark your calendars and get ready to visit Bangalore for another
great PyCon India.

The PyCon India website has received a beautiful refresh,
Check out our new site at: http://in.pycon.org/2014

reg,
sateesh