[Inpycon] Python Month 2014

Bibhas me at bibhas.in
Mon Aug 11 18:47:56 CEST 2014

Hi,

Me, Anand, Baiju, Sukhbinder from Bangalore and Anil were in a hangout
and saw a demo of Python Express. The features that work now -

1. It let's people signup using Github/Google or if needed we can use
FB/twitter login.
2. If someone doesn't have github/google/fb/twitter a/c, Admins can
manually add them to the system
3. People can be added as member of an Organization/Institute and they
can create Workshops. Admins can do it for them too if needed.
4. The users who sign up as Trainer can go ahead and show interest to
conduct the workshop.
5. A mail will be sent to both the organizer and the trainers and they
can interact between them.
6. Organization members can also see the trainer's contact details so
that they can contact and finalize things.
7. Workshop links are shareable. So organizers or anyone can share the
link on any social media and ask for speakers. We can promote
workshops/ask for speakers from our social network a/c too.

The basic features we needed were a public list of proposed workshops
and speakers being able to go ahead and matchmake themselves without
some individual doing that for them. I think that is well taken care of
as of now and PE is usable.

Things that are upcoming -
1. Notify all the trainers in a city when a new workshop is created in
their city
2. more controls from the admin panel e.g. remove, modify workshops.
Block trainers or organizations if they are spamming.
3. Commenting feature on each workshop page
4. Testimonials from Organization head or participants

We'll need about 4-6 volunteers who can -
1. Call the organizations who sign up and see if they need any help in
deciding what to do, or if no speaker is interested in a workshop, then
find one for it. Only when one has to call and check things.
2. Call the proposed workshop organizers and speakers to ensure that
everything is going well.
3. because we have a defined list of workshops, couple of volunteers can
just go ahead and call after the event is over to get a report. Or maybe
the organizers themselves can do that from the website. (@Anand?)

I already have volunteers from some cities listed. We'll need more
volunteers from each city. We can then assign one or two of them as city
leads and they can look over the whole process in their city.

Baiju is helping Anand with the development, so we expect to see some
upcoming features live soon. But I think we can start pushing
PythonExpress from tomorrow evening once Baiju and Anand fix couple of
bugs, and write the blog posts and publicize. If any experienced Python
developers want to help in development of PythonExpress, here is the
repo[1].

Let us know what you think.

Thanks,
Bibhas