[Inpycon] Python Month 2014

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 11:29:30 CEST 2014

> I think Bibhas need to take final call as he is co-ordinator for this year
> ?
>

> Vijay, before taking up the coordination of Python Month I asked for the
> responsibilities and a response was from Anand saying that the software
> will take care of everything and you said it would take about 1-2 hours
> each day. Now that I see the google form and last year's data, and that
> there is no easy way of managing workshops requests from the form and
> connecting them to the appropriate volunteers unless I call/mail each and
> every one of them individually. If PythonExpress isn't around, I myself
> would have written a small app that does it. I wont have enough time to
> make calls or mails all day long. It's going to take a lot more than
> straight 1-2 hours.
>
> Right now I'm sorting the volunteers by states and the workshop requests
> by their status of completeness manually. But that is working because there
> are just 14 entries in that form right now. Once we make it public on
> social media, it'd be inhuman to actually sort all of them if we don't have
> a proper system in place that automatically matches volunteers to requested
> workshops based on location. I know it wont be possible for me alone to do
> it. Not sure how you guys managed it last year. And there are not many
> experienced volunteers active this year who can share the responsibility.
> So, We need a publicly visible list of workshop requests and volunteers who
> can opt for them if they are around.
>
> If it's on me then I'm willing to give the software a try and take it
> beyond one month this year. Last year we talked about taking Python Month
> workshops even after PyCon. But we didn't plan that way and we had no
> discussion after the event for that. If we push this year, we can do that I
> think.
>
> Right now, we have a list of volunteers from many states and they are
> regular in this mailing list because that's the only place I shared Python
> Month details till now. So, I can start assigning (sort of) city/state
> leads so that they can look after the requests from their states, whether
> we use PythonExpress or Google forms.

Bibhas,

The python express software is almost there and I can do a demo today. I'm
sure it is going to take off lot of this manual work.

How about having a Google hangout today 8:30PM? I'll a demo of what
pythonexpress can do and we all can see it can be used for running these
python workshops.

Anyone interested to volunteer for PythonMonth/PythonExpress is welcome to
join. Please RSVP if you plan to join.

https://plus.google.com/events/c5fbfomlrha7h10vrdrsv3s47bo?authkey=CMz6lJOg0sbe3wE

Anand