[Inpycon] Python Month 2014

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 15:25:38 CEST 2014

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 6:41 PM, Bibhas <me at bibhas.in> wrote:

>  Anand,
>
> I'm willing to give PE a try. This whole form business is actually messy.
> In the meantime I'm jotting down the volunteers and workshops requests
> separately. We have 5 workshop requests on that form till now. I'll pass
> them on to the corresponding city's volunteers. The way it's now, I'll
> either have to start calling all the volunteers, or create state specific
> threads CC-ing all the volunteers. PythonExpress could save a lot of
> efforts.

Thats the whole point of Python Express. Last year we don't even have track
of number of workshops. This time I want to streamline the process, capture
all the details about workshops and create a buzz in the social media while
this is happening.

> Essentially we need a publicly available list of requested workshops and a
> list of speakers who can be contacted based on state/city etc. Before PE, I
> was thinking about using Trello. But that also requires all the related
> people to sign up for trello. I'd rather have them sign up at PE.
>
> @Vijay, I checked the docs of last year's workshops. I found only 2
> colleges whose contact person has an email address. I'll mail them.
>
> @Anand, Can I use last year's Python Month mail content? I dont think much
> has changed. Except maybe this line "In India, Kerala state and CBSE have
> adopted Python in their school syllabus." is there any update on this info?
> Any more states added to this list?

Please hold on for emails and blog posts. I would like to link
pythonexpress.in in the blog post and would like to use
contact at pythonexpress.in email address for all the communication.

Anand