[Inpycon] Volunteers required: Workshop

Rejy M Cyriac rcyriac at redhat.com
Sat Aug 2 13:37:28 CEST 2014

On 08/02/2014 12:33 PM, chandankumar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 08/02/2014 10:39 AM, Mohammed Sufiyan wrote:
>> I am in chandan,
>>

>> On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 10:18 AM, Tenzin Kunkyab <ten.kunkyab at gmail.com
>> <mailto:ten.kunkyab at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Me as well. I'm a complete newbie in Python and PyCon. Let me know
>>     if there's anything I can do.
>>
>>     Cheers!!
>>
>>         Regards,
>>         Tenzin Kunkyab
>>

>>     On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 1:54 AM, Krishna Prasad <rankyp at gmail.com
>>     <mailto:rankyp at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         I would like to chip in, but I am new to PyCon!
>>
>>         Kindly specify the responsibilities.
>>

> Below is the responsibilities for the volunteers who are helping during
> workshop in each auditorium.
>
> [1.]  We are looking for "workshop volunteers" for workshops happening
> in each auditorium to help welcome participants as they arrive: be sure
> they're in the right workshop ask them if they need help setting up
> their laptop, answer questions etc.
>
> [2.] He introduces the speaker, manages the time, and facilitates the
> question and answer period
>
> [3.] he needs to be present there approximately 20 minutes before
> tutorials starts.
>
> Note: Those who are in volunteering, wont be able to attend any other
> session and they need to have free time. they can't just vanish when needed.

Would every volunteer be needed to be available for *all* the three
session slots ?

For example, I intend to attend one or two of the session slots. Would I
be able to be volunteer for the remaining session slots that I am free
for ? I think that would be an efficient use of my time, since I am at
the venue anyway, and free during those session slots.

- rejy (rmc)