[Inpycon] Keynote speakers

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 02:14:23 CET 2013

On Thursday, March 28, 2013, Anand Chitipothu wrote:

> On Thursday, March 28, 2013, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>
>> Anand B Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > That is a plus in favor of young folks like Alex, right ?
>> > I am sure he can make the trip in a jaunt :)
>> >
>> > No dis-respect intended, but I think Van and Steve represent the
>> > older generation. I am not too excited about inviting any of them.
>> >
>> > Well, I dont want to push the point too firmly, but I strongly believe
>> > we need to prefer the younger bunch over rather than the older
>> > generation -The Armins, Alexs and Maciejs of the Python world.
>>
>> I'm in favour of getting 2 people (atleast). One who can speak from a
>> PSF non-tech perspective and the other who can do something hardcore
>> technical to raise the bar a little.
>>

> +1 for inviting someone from  PyPy Gang.
>
> How about making Python implementations a major theme of our conference?
>
> I know an interesting project of implementing Python in Racket.
>
> https://github.com/brownplt/lambda-py
>
> (disclaimer: I've contributed in a small way to that project)
>
> We can see if we can get one of the key devs of the project to come and
> give a talk here.

How about getting 4 keynote speakers in total?

* David Beazly to talk about GIL
* someone from PyPy team
* Sriram Krishnamurty to talk about lambda-py

With this we'll set the theme of the conference as Python implementations.
I think this also raises the quality of expectation of the talks that we
get.

If you think we can 4 keynotes is too much, then:

* someone from PyPy team as keynote
* invited talk by Sriram/Joe to talk about lambda-py

What do you think?

Anand

--
Anand