[Inpycon] Keynote speakers

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 14:51:28 CET 2013

On Thursday, March 28, 2013, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:

> Anand B Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com <javascript:;>> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > That is a plus in favor of young folks like Alex, right ?
> > I am sure he can make the trip in a jaunt :)
> >
> > No dis-respect intended, but I think Van and Steve represent the
> > older generation. I am not too excited about inviting any of them.
> >
> > Well, I dont want to push the point too firmly, but I strongly believe
> > we need to prefer the younger bunch over rather than the older
> > generation -The Armins, Alexs and Maciejs of the Python world.
>
> I'm in favour of getting 2 people (atleast). One who can speak from a
> PSF non-tech perspective and the other who can do something hardcore
> technical to raise the bar a little.

+1 for inviting someone from  PyPy Gang.

How about making Python implementations a major theme of our conference?

I know an interesting project of implementing Python in Racket.

https://github.com/brownplt/lambda-py

(disclaimer: I've contributed in a small way to that project)

We can see if we can get one of the key devs of the project to come and
give a talk here.

Anand

--
Anand