[Inpycon] Discount for Group registration

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 11:09:04 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Sreekanth S Rameshaiah <sree at mahiti.org>wrote:

> On 12 June 2013 14:01, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at nibrahim.net.in> wrote:
>
>> Sreekanth S Rameshaiah <sree at mahiti.org> writes:

>> organisation
>> >>

>> > +1. Lets offer 10% discount.
>>
>> Seriously? That's 20 discounts of 80 Rs. each isn't it?
>>
>> Are there employees of companies here who think that they'd benefit from
>> such a discount? I'm interested in hearing from them rather than us just
>> putting up things like this.
>>
>> But its 20 more visitors to the conference! and probably more visibility
> to the event. If money is not the critical show-stopper at this point then
> why not experiment to enhance the reach?

If someone who can't come to a conference if there no Rs.80 discount, then
I think is better for them to not have at the conference. They will not add
any value to the conference anyway.

If a company can send 20 people, then they should have sponsored the
conference if they care about Python community. I don't see a point in
worrying about them.

One thing that we many want to consider is about sponsors. They might
expect a privilege because they sponsored. We can give them regular
registration price even if they register late to make them happy.

Anand