[Inpycon] CFP and talks

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 10:44:04 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at nibrahim.net.in>wrote:

> Did we reach a decision about how many tracks/talks? There were some
> threads but I'm not sure if they got resolved.
>
> I'm personally for having a smaller number of higher quality talks
> rather than lots of mediocre ones. The main complaint from last year
> were lack of good quality talks.

We discussed this in one of the IRC meeting. I'm not sure if I've posted
the minutes to the group. Here are the notes that I've taken from that
meeting.

---
Society needs to be registered before talking to sponsors. Anand Pillai and
Sree will get it done by end of March and start the process by end of next
week.

Vijay made sponsorship document. Waiting to include the society name in it.

There will be 2 parallel tracks. Lightening talks will exclusively held on
big auditorium at the end of the day. One room for open sessions.

Potential speakers should either have a proven track record of being good
speakers or should convince the PyCon India team by giving their talk at a
usergroup meeting or sending a video of him taking about it. First timers
will be scrutinized heavily.

Each talk will be of 40 minutes, including Q/A time. 5 minutes will be for
change over.

March 15 - June 30 for cfp
March 1 - July 31 (or August 15) for sponsorships
---

So, we are having 2 parallel tracks.

Anand