[Inpycon] Minutes of the Python Month meeting

konark modi modi.konark at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 13:24:45 CEST 2013

Hi

We had a meetup for NCR region, similar points were discussed there too,
the others that were discussed were :
1. To motivate students, it is very necessary to discuss " Why python ? " .
We need to prepare content for this.
2. Introduce them to various community resources, and helping hand which
they can start using to adapt to Python after the workshop too. Like
open-source projects, mailing lists, etc.
3. As we are approaching August, time is too less for content so we need to
prepare it ASAP.

For the PythonMonth in NCR region, we are planning to have the first
workshop on 2ndAugst at IIC(South Campus). We need to be content ready
before that.

*For the IPython question* : IPython surely is one of the best ways to
deliver a workshop, and sharing that becomes easy.I have personally used
IPython both on Windows and Linux.

For windows I used : Anaconda installer from Continuum Analytics(
https://store.continuum.io/ ) . It comes with wide variety of packages(
http://docs.continuum.io/anaconda/pkgs.html) in the installer.

Regards
Konark