[Inpycon] Python Month mailer

Tue Jul 16 09:10:29 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 1:11 AM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is the draft of the email that we are planning to send to all mailing
> lists. Please have a look at it and let me know if you have any suggestions
> for changes.
>
> Thanks to Konark Modi for preparing the initial draft of this email. I've
> made some changes to his draft.

A few cosmetic changes.

PYTHON MONTH

PyCon India, the premier conference in India on using and developing
the Python programming language is conducted annually by the Python
developer community and it attracts the best Python programmers from
across the country and abroad.

This year, PyCon India is celebrating the month of August as Python
Month, with the aim of increasing the awareness and awesomeness of
Python programming language within the student community in India.

WHAT IS PYTHON:

Python is a dynamic object-oriented programming language that can be used for
a diverse area of software development. It offers strong support for integration
with other languages and tools, comes with extensive standard libraries, and
can be learnt in a few days.

Many Python programmers report substantial productivity gains and feel the
language encourages the development of more maintainable code of higher quality.

Some of the biggest names in the industry like Mozilla, Google, YouTube,
Dropbox, SurveyMonkey, Bitly and numerous others also use Python for providing
the services a lot of users are familiar with.

Because Python is very easy to learn and at the same time very
powerful, it is used
as the first programming language in introductory courses of Computer
Science in many
universities and high schools.

In India, Kerala state and CBSE have already adopted Python in their
school syllabus.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

Python month will be organized and completely run by volunteers,
anyone who wants to participate is welcome and all help is
appreciated.

This is a big task to handle and therefore requires lot of volunteer
support. Here is how you can help.

1. If you are a Python programmer and please give a talk / workshop at
a college in your city.
2. If you are a professor or student, please facilitate the a workshop
in your college
3. Help us in coordinating Python Month by talking to colleges to
arrange workshops.

Interested? Please sign up here - http://bit.ly/pythonmonth

Have any questions or suggestions? Please contact us at pythonmonth at in.pycon.org

--