[Inpycon] Guest speakers

Lakshman Prasad scorpion032 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 08:03:37 CEST 2013

If someone from Mozilla would come, I'd love to have Carl Meyer.

He is the core developer for pip, virtualenv and django.

Not only are his technical capabilities excellent, he is very involved in
helping people contribute to open source packages, very personable and
helpful.

I sent another email to the list, about Kenneth Reitz. Just one additional
thought - I dont understand this "guest speaker" concept. People dont feel
compelled to travel continents, unless they are welcomed well enough. I
think we should call them all "keynote speakers" and increase the number of
keynotes to accomodate all international speakers of calibre. It could be a
closing keynote or a morning keynote, on either days. We don't have to bear
their travel expenses, the least we can do is to make them feel completely
welcome.