[Inpycon] [PyCon 2013] Programming Challenges, Hackathons & Sprints, in Python at PyCon

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Mon Jul 8 07:50:40 CEST 2013

pranjal mittal <mittal.pranjal at gmail.com> writes:

> *[Algorithmic Sprint at PyCon* - *Discussion / Details : Lets call it
> "PyCode 2013"]*
>
> I agree with @Noufal that Online competitions do have good internet
> connection as a bottleneck. But many colleges, & even small college
> departments are running Algorithmic competitions on-line successfully. So,
> I think it doesn't take much in giving a nice Algorithmic Challenge a try.
> It works out best, if it can be managed by some volunteer or a company with
> a strong history in hosting such competitions. The competition can strongly
> associate itself with *PyCon India 2013* and Python should be the de-facto
> programming language for this. (ie. Only Python solutions accepted)
> It would be a great way to learn and compete using Python.

I think it's a nice idea. The Singpath people[1] conducted something like
this at PyCon APAC and it was a big hit.

But like you said, it's getting someone passionate enough to make this
happen that's hard. It entails a lot of responsibilities.

[...]

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.singpath.com/fyp/app/index.html

--