[Inpycon] Python in education panel

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Thu Jul 4 12:40:36 CEST 2013

Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> writes:

> Python in Education is very broad topic. We have Python in Schools,
> Python for Engineering and Python for computer science students. It'll
> be useful to draft an agenda, think about how to focus on each one
> these and make sure we give enough time for each topic.

Of course. Here are some general areas I can think of

1. School level (high school education)
2. Technical education (college level)
3. Vocational education (as a job skill or something similar to what FOSSEE does)
4. Intrinsic value (why teach python as opposed to C++ as a first
   language).

> Will it be useful to keep this panel at the first day and have an open
> space in the second day? We might come with an action plan and see how
> the community can contribute to Python in education.

Don't we have a general slot for open spaces? I'm not sure we need to
plan this in detail but if we have one, we can call for an open space if
there are sufficient people interested after the panel.
[...]

--
Cordially,
Noufal