[Inpycon] [X-post][Ann] IRC meeting for python.org.in

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Sun Jan 6 09:12:52 CET 2013

'ello everyone,

Sorry for the cross posting on such a large number of lists but this is
something that needs India wide viewrship and there's no single list
that does that. Also, it would be nice if people could continue follow
up discussions on the inpycon list since that's a broad cross section of
all these lists.

This is a little late coming but better late than never.

As many of you probably know, there is a python.org.in website now which
has a rather ambitious goal of being an umbrella for the entire Python
community in India. It is funded by the IPSS. The idea is to provide a
subdomain named after a city (e.g. bangalore.python.org.in) and give
privileges of that subdomain to a webmaster who can handle it.

At the top level, there will be services which are relevant India wide
like a job board (details undecided) and an India wide planet RSS
aggregator. Anand C., Krace, Dhananjay and others have done some work
already on the main site and various subdomains.

I think there's potential but we need to take small firm steps rather
than wild ones if we want to see this grow and help the Python
community in India.

I'm proposing a meeting on IRC #python-india on freenode this Wednesday
(9 January 2013) at (say) 2030 in the evening. We can beat out the
details, try to formalise what to do and get down to doing it.

Do reply on inpycon and let's decide the time and date of the meeting.

Thanks.

--
Cordially,
Noufal