[Inpycon] Python in education panel

Ankur Gupta versesane at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 11:50:22 CEST 2013

Hi Noufal,

I have been working in the Educational Sector for couple of years now
as part of ThinkLABS. Over the years I have spend considerable amount
of time talking to teachers who teach c++/java , lab instructors.

Just last week I was at Apeejay school in navi mumbai and turns out
they are implementing python programming starting next year and have
started training teachers for the same. There is lot of anxiety right
now amongst Lab Instructors and Comp Science teachers.

a) Why did the board opt for Python ?. Who uses it anyways ?
b) Why does one have to indent code  ?  C++ was so much better ?
c) Is there is a compilation of errors that python throws up due to
invalid syntax etc ?. So that when students tell me what the problem
is I can reply to them asap rather then read the whole code ?.
Apparently the teacher in question had a self complied list of
frequently encountered mistakes and would simply ask them to show the
compiler errors.

I can help with contacts etc from schools do let me know. Looking
forward to the panel discussion.

Regards
Ankur

Homepage -> http://uptosomething.in