[Inpycon] Tutorials

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 10:53:03 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Bibhas Ch Debnath <me at bibhas.in> wrote:

> If the target audience of the tutorials are students, *I think* 1.5k/2k
> for a session would be too much, and will overall discourage them to attend
> any.

Also, per session charging would mean tickets for sessions, and checking
> tickets while entering any session. I hope we'll have enough volunteers
> free for that.

I think we need to have tickets per session. Last year, people signed up
for tutorials without worrying about which sessions to attend and joined
random sessions. The plan is to force people to decide which session they
want to attend, if they want to attend at all. Keeping a fee per session
will make sure only the serious people will attend.

Yes, we need one assistant per session. We need to work on it.

I agree that it might be a bit expensive for students. I'm not sure what to
do about it. Shall we consider student discounts?

Anand