[Inpycon] FAQs for talks/talk uploads

Anand B Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 13:36:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

 I have been getting a few queries with respect to talk uploads,
so request to add the following items in the site FAQ.

Q. Is there a prescribed format for the talk slides ? For example, can I
upload the slides in PDF ?

A.  There is no suggested format for talk slides. You can upload in your
favorite format whichever it is. It would be useful however if you stick to
commonly used formats such as Word, Openoffice, PDF etc.

Q. Is there any "official" presentation template for PyCon India ?

A. We don't prescribe any template. You are free to use any kind of
presentation template for your slides.

Q. Can I present a different set of slides than the one I uploaded to the
site ? Should the one I present be exactly the same as the one uploaded ?

A. It would be good if the presentation you upload is the same as the one
you present. However, if you need to make any small changes, it is okay as
long as you make sure that the slides are not substantially different. Also
it would be nice if you could sync the slide set to the site before you
deliver your talk. If there is a substantial different between the two sets
of slides, kindly inform the audience in advance.

Q. How do I upload the slides ?

A. Postfix "/edit" to the full URL of your talk after logging in to the
site with the same
userid that you used for submitting the talk. You should get a form with
the required fields. If there is any error in uploading let us know at
contact at in.pycon.org

Q. Do I need to inform the audience of any prior setup or can it be done
during the talk or tutorial ?

A. For tutorials, we suggest that you edit your talk description and add
the steps required for the tutorial attendees to prepare their computers
before they come to the session. This would ensure that you don't waste
precious time in setting up requirements during the session.

For talks, if your session requires any specific setup, it would be nice to
inform in advance by editing the talk description. However for most talks,
this may not be needed. Please take a decision on an individual basis and
act accordingly.

Palak, please post this on the site ASAP.

--Anand