[Inpycon] Carl and pyvideo.org for Pycon-India-2013?

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Thu Nov 22 19:13:44 CET 2012

Vid <svaksha at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Ah, I didnt know HasGeek had the contract this year. Was under the
> impression it was outsourced to the company that did it in 2010.

Not really outsourced like the past few years. HasGeek helped us since
the founder is a Pythonista and an active volunteer. The fact that their
business is conferences is a happy coincidence.

[...]

>     Editing takes place as the talk is going on. This means the editor
> is in the room, watching the talk and everything going on. This gives
> them an advantage over someone who only has the raw footage to work
> with.

HasGeek does it the same way. Once the talk is over, the video is ready
to be uploaded. There were a few snags but the problems, as far as I
know, were all incidental and avoidable.

[...]

>> It nice that Carl wants to help us. But please keep in mind every
>> venue is different and will give a lot of problems. So you need to do
>> real testing of the entire setup, before a day and we need volunteers
>> to operate camera.
>
> The link I sent earlier mentions all that and more of what they do.

I'm sure we'd benefit from Carl's experience. However, It is expensive
to fly someone in and back though so it highly depends on the the
budget. Video recording doesn't usually figure as a big piece and if we
have to get someone from abroad to do it, it might raise our costs
significantly.

--
Cordially,
Noufal