[Inpycon] PyCon 2012 Possible Dates

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Mon May 21 10:43:12 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Dhananjay Nene
<dhananjay.nene at gmail.com>wrote:

> I would completely avoid any date 19th onwards. a) Pune gets into a
> festive mood, b) Allows students time to travel home etc. etc. Oct 07 is
> the T20 world cup finals. After that of course you have diwali etc.

With the potential danger of opening a can of worms, are we still settled
on Pune ?
Definitely we had a great Pycon last year, but with the initiative now with
folks
in Bangalore, why not rethink this ?

Especially I agree with Dhananjay that Pune would be in a festive mood from
end of Sep to October due to Puja and various other reasons.

> I would still think a conflict with a DjangoCon is a far better option
> than a conflict either with a) local traffic jams or b) Cricket. So lets
> focus on the first two dates above.

Too early. We are starting late so aiming for an earlier date than the usual
could be fraught  with risks.

>> What do you think?
>>
>> Anand

--Anand