[Inpycon] Budget and sponsorship.

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Sun May 20 06:24:16 CEST 2012

Just realised my comments could lead to a whole bunch of questions on
taxation and currency laws. So with an intent to specifically refocus on
the impact of that on what we do (rather than the legal details
themselves), here's my understanding (open for agreement or contesting)

a. We can accept foreign currency sponsorships
b. Sponsorship grants to us may not be tax deductible in countries of the
sponsor
c. We may end up having to pay more tax on the amounts
d. Its better to offset foreign currency expenditure (primarily speaker
travel and any other associated speaker expenses) by a foreign third party
directly footing the bill. For all other expenses, it really doesn't matter.

Dhananjay