[Inpycon] PyCon 2012: Venue?

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 14:47:10 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Navin Kabra <navin at smriti.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > There is a separate mailing list for "local" organizers which is only
> > used for co-ordinating local meetings. This usually contains exchanges
> > of the form: "Does Monday 7pm work for everyone?" "I can make it by
> > 8pm" etc.
> >
> > Anything of significance will be discussed on the main inpycon mailing
> > list.
>
> [...]
>
> I'd recommend using the main list for everything.
>
> "Of significance" will vary over time, discussions will start up from
> other threads etc and things will fragment. One of the reasons I tried
> very hard to keep *all* PyCon related stuff off BangPypers and in
> inpycon even for the Bangalore events.

+1. We have had this discussion last year already in another form.
The approach which seem to work finally for all use cases seems to
be that of put it all in public and I favor it.

Even if it involves trivial messages such as availability for a meeting
on a specific day, you can put it in this list. That lets this list have a
history of all email transactions that leads up to the Pycon which is
its use-case anyway.

> --
> ~noufal
> http://nibrahim.net.in
>
> Everyone writes on the walls except me. -Said to be graffiti seen in
> Pompeii

Thanks,

--
--Anand