[Inpycon] Draft of the CFP and Proposed Dates for the Talks

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 07:03:06 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Np. I agree we should get it out quickly. With the set of agreed
> changes,
> >> it should be fine. Would be nice to have the CFP call out by the
> week-end or
> >> by Monday.
> >
> > It is mostly ready now. We need to setup sections.
> >
> > Funnel expects talks to be categorized into sections. It tried to get
> > rid of it and it turned out to be more difficult that I expected.
> >
> > Anand/Ramki, can you come up with a list of 4-5 sections?
>
> Ramki suggested the following sections.
>
> Core Python — Features of Python Language, Python implementations,
> Python 3, Standard Library
> Infrastructure — Deployments, System Configuration, Monitoring
> Scientific Computing — Scientific Computing, Data Engineering,
> Mathematics, Statistics and Visualizations
> Software Development Tools — GUI programming, Testing tools
> Web Development — Web Frameworks, Databases, Concurrency, Async
>
> I've added them to Funnel and it is now ready.
>
> http://in.pycon.org/2012/funnel/pyconindia2012/
>
> Anand Pillai/Ramki, can you please review it once?

Few suggestions.

1. Core Python.

"features of the python language" => "Language Features"

2. Scientific Computing

Scientific Computing is repeated. Pls replace with "Libraries" or
"Scientific/Numeric Libraries" or similar.

3. We have had quite a number of submissions from embedded
/RT systems over the years. The current sections don't address it.

Please add a "Embedded/Real-time Python" and complete it with
- Embedded Python, Device Interfacing, Robotics.

4. We need another section for Nosql/big-data systems. Example
- Redis for Python. Could be titled "Python for big-data" - Databases,
Nosql systems, Cloud Computing, RestFul Interfaces.

5. Please add another section for "Others" for anything else
that doesn't belong to the main sections.

> Anand

--Anand