[Inpycon] Ticket cancellation/refund policies.

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace at pobox.com
Wed Jun 20 11:18:54 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:12 AM, Sreekanth S Rameshaiah <sree at mahiti.org>wrote:

Checked the refund future of doAttend. This is simple enough to manage.
> Also, there is a edit functionality for booking, do you use this for
> transfer?

Yes, when someone asks for a transfer, we use this to send it to the new
person.

We also ask people to NOT print tickets (the default DoAttend ticket
template says DO print). It's easy enough to export the attendee list, sort
it and keep a printout at the registration counter.

When an attendee walks in, ask them to show some form of id and check their
name off the list. Don't bother with their ticket printouts. This solves
all problems with verifying tickets.

We've automated all this with an open source app:
https://github.com/hasgeek/peopleflow (repo is missing BSD license
declaration and setup instructions since we're the only users so far).

In Peopleflow, if you check a name off the list at one counter, it goes
away from all other counters because it runs as a web app. This allows
having registration desks that are physically separated from each other.

Kiran