[Inpycon] sponsorship brochure

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:50:51 CEST 2012

Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> writes:

> Wondering if we need a special sponsor slab for startups.  Startups
> are important part of the community and the existing slabs are too
> expensive for them. I think we can have a new tier for Rs. 25000 and
> restrict startups with less than 5-10 employees.
>
> Silver sponsors get a link on the website, logo on official banners
> and a table space. I think we can give one of these benefits to
> startup slab. I'm not sure which one is more valuable to them.
>
> Do you have any suggestions?

We could have a startup row. Some place for startups[1] to display their
stuff. They might have to pay a small amount for registration and then
can can have a small place to pitch their company.

I can see a couple of problems.

1. Larger companies might get dissuaded from sponsoring the event since
   they might see the startups as getting a better deal for a smaller
   amount of money.

2. Smaller companies who are willing and can afford to take a regular
   sponsorship slot might decide not to.

[...]

Footnotes:
[1]  We need to be clear with our definition here. Employee count, age
     of company etc. Also, heavily invested in Python.

--
Cordially,
Noufal