[Inpycon] Keynote speaker confirmed and summary

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 08:57:33 CEST 2012

Hello everyone,
        We've been speaking to a bunch of people to try get a keynote
speaker and I have some good news to share.

        Jacob Kaplan Moss (of Django fame) has agreed to deliver the
keynote address for PyCon India 2012. This is great news for us since
many (most?) of the commercial users of Python in India are web related
and to have a developer like him speak is going to be beneficial to us
all.

        That's the concrete good news. I have some more potential good
news to share too.

        Due to good sponsor interest, we're in position and trying to
get a second keynote speaker this year. A lot of emails have been
exchanged trying to get someone but we haven't had much success so
far. I'll post back here when we have something concrete.

        In other news, we're trying to get the artwork and branding done
by a professional designer rather than source it from the community as
we did the past few times. Things are moving forward.

        Please spread the word on all channels that occur to you to get
more delegates and talk submissions.

Thanks!

--
Cordially,