[Inpycon] CFP and talk selection

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Sun May 29 16:54:26 CEST 2011

I just got back from RubyConf India 2011 today. There are lots of things
about the way that they did which I like, don't mind and dislike but one
thing really struck me regarding talk selection.

They had just 2 tracks and 5 or 6 talks per track per day during the
event. That's a total of 20 tracks. Most of the talks were web (Rails)
or tools (parts of the agile process) as far as I can tell.

We should I think go this route. Reduce the number of tracks and talks
and keep only the cream of the cream. I'll try to get some of the core
devs to review the submissions we have and make selections. The thrust
of what I'm saying is that it might be a good idea to value quality over
quantity.

Another important point is the wifi. We should outsource it someone and
actually pay them to get it right. It can really drench a parade when
the wifi is br0ken.

Thoughts?

--
Women are more easily and more deeply terrified ... generating more
sheer horror than the male of the species.