[Inpycon] CFP draft

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 06:46:30 CET 2011

All right, I will put up a revised draft with some of these ideas by
Friday. Please take a look at it, if it is fine, I will work with Anand C
to create the CFP on the site and get it live by March 10.

Meanwhile, can someone take a look at the topic list and
suggest anything to be removed or added specifically or
a change in order ?

--Anand

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 02 2011, Baishampayan Ghose wrote:
>

> [...]
>
> > We could. As a matter of fact, we were thinking about having three
> > tracks, "newbie", "advanced" & "theme". IMHO it's a good idea to have
> > a general theme. As far as themes like "NoSQL with Python", don't you
> > think that those talks will turn out to be general evangelism about
> > the NoSQL DB and some tips about using the related client library?
> > It's not bad per se, but can turn out to be monotonous if we have many
> > talks along the same lines.
>

> I don't think this is a good idea. Tracks should be made using a single
> criterion if they're to be sensible.
>
> Either we choose 'theme' as the criterion in which case, the tracks
> would be like "testing", "web", "core python" etc. The "level" of the
> talk (novice, intermediate etc.) would be something extra.
>
> Or
>
> We choose 'level' as the criterion and let the tracks become 'novice',
> 'intermediate', 'advanced' but with a mix of subjects.
>
> Also, I agree about staying away from tracks like "cloud" and
> "noSQL". Like you said, we'll get a lot of talks from n00bs who've read
> the man pages and it'll get boring. I heard a lot of negative feedback
> about the mongodb talk last year.
>

> [...]
>

> --
> ~noufal