[Inpycon] Sponsorship confirmations

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 09:27:47 CEST 2011

Dhananjay Nene <dhananjay.nene at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> I've been thinking about this. While it is unlikely to be an issue, I
> think decorum should dictate we go back to the sponsors and inform
> them about our intent to add to the sponsorship tiers. In the
> meanwhile I suggest the following :

Fair enough. I'm suggesting it not really for financial benefits but
companies are part of the community and I want to involve them in the
conference.

> a. Decide on the new additional sponsorship tiers we want to introduce
> and the corresponding fees / benefits (I am perfectly fine with the
> associate sponsors with the benefit being a logo on the website). Let
> us decide if we want to consider any other slots (just thinking out of
> my hat here as a hypothetical suggestion - but say a Lunch
> sponsorships for each days).  Whatever it is lets freeze that (due to
> point b. below)

Yes. There is a note in the brochure to that effect. If someone is
unable to pay but can take care of lunch, wifi, A/V etc., we might be
able to consider it and work something out.

> b. Communicate back with the committed sponsors of our intent to expand the
> sponsorship tiers, and review if there are any comments / objections. While
> unllkely to be an issue, I do think it would be appropriate to go through
> this step.

Yup. It's the decent thing to do.

> c. Lets keep up the pressure to first finish the existing slots,
> before announcing an opening of new slots post completion of step b.

Yes.

[...]

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

"Professional certification for car people may sound like an oxymoron." -The Wall Street Journal, page B1, Tuesday, July 17, 1990.