[Inpycon] Talks

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 14:22:43 CEST 2011

Anand Balachandran Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> writes:

> We have currently 23 talks on the site (excluding the test ones).
> I personally feel this is not quantum enough for a good selection.

I agree.

> Since we have only 1 week to go as of now, I suggest to move
> this for another week and maximize the marketing efforts.

Another week or even 10 days.

> Another concern for me is that this time we are proposing for
> 3 days but so far I don't think we have got any proposal
> for tutorial tracks at all.

2 days. One is just for tutorials. I don't think this was sufficiently
advertised.

The original plan was to have paid tutorials but the consensus was to
get volunteer ones and to find those people. I don't know how many
people have volunteered and committed.

Also, we are reducing the number of tracks. There was a previous thread
where I suggested reducing the number of tracks and talks to pick out
only the *good* ones rather than having lots of amateur ones.

> As of now, with no tutorial track proposals, it doesn't look
> like there is enough content for 3 days.
>
> Thoughts ?

I don't know what the plans are for the tutorials. Like I said, there
were some decisions made but I don't know how far things have gone on
that front.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

Why don't you pair `em up in threes? -Yogi Berra